View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #20
TheProfessor

I don't know anything about this other then reading above.

I don't know what happened at that town meeting other then it sounds like it was contentious.

I don't know why some get dramatically excited over this. Apparently this was voted down 2 or 3 times before. Why would some come to think the town has changed since the last vote years ago. From what I read the older types are moving into town while family types are not moving in as much.

UNH did a study a few years ago about the aging of New Hampshire residents. And that has serious ramifications on all things local.

Interesting that some who are in favor of less government come out all in favor of more government at the local level. Noting that this new gymnasium complex was not on the school budget but on the town budget. Yet proposed to be constructed right next to the school. Seems like some form of hocus pocus to get the schools a new gymnasium. Yet the school did not ask for it.

Some of these issues should be a simple vote up or down. And not play any semi-Roberts Rules twisting the whole issue.

Is there a video of this town meeting anywhere? I'd like to see what caused all of this heated give and take.

I did view the video of that citizen down in Alton or wherever who was not allowed to speak at the selectmen's meeting.

I think that all of these towns should video tape all meetings and let those who can't don't make these meeting view all.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post: