View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #28
ApS

Cool "SBONH-NHRBA Comes Through"—NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
you should find an article for a sail boat that sank due to running aground. It would be just as relevant.
Some interest has gathered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I still think that they were anchored from the stern and fishing, a no no in those conditions offshore.
1) Anchoring from the stern is a safety issue not yet addressed by SBONH-NHRBA: It cost the lives of NFL football players, who shed their PFDs to reach shore or rescue. This lack of "Common Sense" was reported widely, but only because of the NFL connection.

SBONH-NHRBA can't be blamed for being ignorant of it.

2) The family was proceeding forward according to Soundings' December issue: "Insufficient exhaust baffles" was the reason given for the 38' Fountain's disasterous capsize and near-tragedy just ½-mile from shore.

3) Including the two above articles, Soundings reports huge numbers of safety issues and is available at newstands such as "Black's Paper Store" in Wolfeboro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
So actually thanks APS for raising the issue and helping to illustrate yet another benefit to switchable exhaust.
Me?

One individual is "trumping" an entire organization "devoted to safety on Lake Winnipesaukee"?

Actually, I expect SBONH-NHRBA to be seen eventually for the noisy, alcohol-fueled "speed-freaks" that they are: I just like to contribute where I can.