View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #39
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjard View Post
I should have been a bit more specific in my original question. I am pretty financially savvy. Most of my $$$ outside of the 401(k) is with Fidelity. They are GREAT. However as the "wealth" accumulates I would simply like a second set of eyes to look at things. I want opinions of Whole Life Insurance, particularly 10 year pay....my own retirement projections....anything in my portfolio that scares them...etc, etc. It's the advice and counseling piece I am after more than mutual fund recommendations. I agree with everyone on this board, you can get some pretty good information from the mutual fund companies. I am a bit curious about one thing though, why has nobody mentioned DAK Financial in Meredith?
I know you didn't ask, but I cant quite help myself--Whole Life Insurance is among the worst investment vehicles a person can buy--it's simply adding a high cost/low return investment fund on top of term life insurance. The agent who sold it to you took a hefty commission. If you find a good financial planner, he'll explain the details, and he'll illustrate how you'd be better off buying term insurance and investing the difference alongside your existing Fidelity account. If the financial planner you find does not do this, he is either an insurance salesman or not very good at his job.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote