View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 08:10 AM   #36
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumGuy View Post
I fully agree: Obviously, try to stay off the water if a storm is imminent, but if you do get caught, find an empty dock, or at least get in near shore and anchor. You will probably meet some new friends, but worst case (if they are jerks) you and your Family are safe and you gave some jerks something else to gripe about. In most cases I would suspect a free beer or two and some laughs, as true Lake people are just that way.
Several years ago, we went out for a boat ride, swim at West Alton, wraps for supper and then back to Parker Marine before a line of severe weather arrived, which was in upstate NY when we left.
Abeam the rock area near Rum Point, lower unit snapped. Called TowboatUS, and once they arrived (busy night), we started the tow to Alton town docks. Got inside Little Mark and we had a huge Tstorm bearing down on us. Ended up tying up to a dock until the storm passed. No sign of life at the house associated with the dock. Rest of tow was uneventful.
Next day, drive down Rte 11D and found the house. Knocked on the door, no one home. We left an envelope with a note telling them what occurred the night before, a $20, and our name and phone number. Felt good about it.
Never heard from the property owner.

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app