Thread: Best Jump Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 04:30 AM   #38
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Then read this:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/dont_...ct_battery.htm

A little misleading in the sense that with the dead battery removed from the equation nothing is lost trying to charge up the dead battery when connected in a parallel electrical circuit and all the energy in the "jump pack" can be used to get the engine to crank over.

I have no doubts these jump packs can crank an engine over, especially when you remove the possibly dead or shorted out out battery from the circuit.

A more fairer and safer test would demonstrate the jump start with everything connected including a battery that is compromised. Similar to what would happen if you called Triple AAA and they gave you a jump start.

When you watch the video, the part where he starts the truck, he really isn't really going anywhere unless he leaves that jump pack continuously connected, or runs the risk of damaging something if it gets momentarily disconnected.

No criticism here either, just wanted to point out "what they don't say" and the risk that it presents as part of a method to get an engine running with a dead battery. Charging system/electrical parts are very expensive for cars and boats and often come with (No Warranty).
We will just have to agree to disagree. I see the video for "demonstration purposes" ONLY, to show the power of the jump pack, nothing else, with the vehicle's batteries disconnected, and it makes perfect sense to me. If the batteries in both vehicles were still connected, and there was no way of knowing what condition they're in, how would you get any sense of the power of the jump pack? Because it's a video, you have to prove to the viewer that there are no camera tricks, so hence the disconnected batteries to show the power of the jump pack alone, with NO possibility of any battery assistance. And I don't assume that someone is going to drive the vehicle with the battery disconnected, and just run on the jump pack battery. That makes no sense at all. To me, the entire video was for "demonstration purposes only", and I get no sense of the video suggesting anything else otherwise. Maybe I'm just not explaining myself properly...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: