View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink Islander View Post
You cannot look at a price curve for gasoline and relate that to heating oil.
It's a gas-related website but the graph shows crude oil prices vs. heating oil prices. I had trouble posting the link but that site is a useful tool for looking at the history of costs. You can go back as far as 6 years with it. I wish I had been able to post it correctly but internet has been really spotty here these past two days. (Metrocast and Onion Tel are doing work.)

====
Hazmat - When you say you saw I posted from Barraford's email without any research, that was your assumption. Please don't take that comment as a defensive one - it's not - but this is a market I'm more than familiar with.

I was glad that Barraford sent the email to alert us to the problem - I only wish I'd had time to be more pro-active about the recent tax/fee increases imposed on us - but that's fodder for another forum. I don't mean this in an unkind way to Mr. Barraford but I don't necessarily subscribe to his politics or points of view. (I don't always go with the Co-Op's plans for fuel because I have saved money by shopping the market on my own at times. In other words, my fuel buck doesn't stop with the Co-Op.)

My views are my own and I would never post anything like this if I didn't know the subject very well. Funny you mentioned the hurricane season and the impact that it has on prices - I had also written about that in the post that disappeared. Ditto for any conflicts in the middle East.

Much more I'd like to add to this - but time is short and the day is nice. I have little ones to shoo outside.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote