View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
Argie's Wife

Exclamation Stop HB443 - It will change how you can pre-buy fuel

The intent of this thread isn't to start a discussion of politics but to make you all aware of bill that may pass that could cause undue costs to be passed on to those of you who heat your homes with fuel oil and propane.

I just received an email about HB433, which was just passed by Legislature. This bill prohibits offering pre-buys to the public before May 1st of any year (was previously Jan1). It was inserted an an amendment to the bill. This does perhaps even the playing field for large companies that are afraid to purchase early by making all their competitors buy at the same time or later.

In the case of municipalities, these costs will impact your town's and school district's budgets! (Remember - they generally have to buy early because of budgeting that has to be approved by the voters.)

Stop HB443

As I understand it, the bill has not been signed by Governor Lynch yet. We still may have a chance to prevent it from becoming law. Please email Governor Lynch's office at http://www4.egov.nh.gov/governor/goveforms/comments.asp to protest this arbitrary restriction that does not benefit members as fuel consumers. Or you may call the Governor at 271-2121 and leave a message.

You may also want to email or call the Sponsors of the bill:
Rep. C. Christensen, Hills 19; c.christensen@leg.state.nh.us
Rep. Hinch, Hills 19; dick.hinch@leg.state.nh.us
Rep. Tupper, Merr 6; frank.tupper@leg.state.nh.us
Sen. Letourneau, Dist 19 robert.letourneau@leg.state.nh.us
and the Sponsor of the Amendment: Sen. Harold Janeway harold.janeway@leg.state.nh.us

Again, please... let's not get into bi-partisan finger pointing. My intent of this thread is to make you aware of a bill that might have an impact on you and further restrict how businesses (fuel companies) do business in NH.

Thank you.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote