View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #20
jbolty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Though we differ on social isolation in general, we agree (yet again!) that the nursing home situation is just appalling. One infected, maybe asymptomatic, staff member walks in, and BANG--20 vulnerable people in tight quarters are dead.

It would be interesting to try to figure out how much looser the rest of us could have been if nursing homes had been air tight (for the same total mortality rate). I think I saw an article in the Globe in which Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital said that they had not had a single case of covid contracted on site for weeks.
My mom is in a nursing home in PA. They currently have several cases but fortunately none so far in the memory care wing where mom is; different staff on that side. No matter how careful it was just a matter if time before it was brought in by a staff member or delivery person or a doctor. But what is the alternative? Keep the staff locked in too? Having said all that we need to get everything opened as soon as practical before we are all bankrupt.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post: