View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 06:24 AM   #5
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgilfert View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't really know what it looks like ..... it fell off and was lost before I got an opportunity to see what it really looked like. My recollection however was that it did not have a paddlewheel. What I was told by the technician attempting the repair was that there was a wire that was connected to the speedometer mechanism and when the unit fell off the boat the exposed leads of the separated wire came into contact with something and blew the fuse.
Are you sure it was the speedometer and not a depth finder? Back then I thought Four Winns used a pick up tube that showed speed based on water pressure hitting the tube. There was no electricity involved.

Try calling the Four Winns factory in Cadillac Michigan and speak to their national parts people to see exactly what you need and get a part number from them. 231-775-1351 They might require a HIN when you call. I have owned 4 Four Winns boats and found them to be very helpful with information. If you get a part number try Google and maybe you will find one for sale or find a discount marine distributor that will give you a better price.

I assume that you now have bare wires hanging out of the stern. In the interim you could always cap the wires and replace the fuse and if you are correct everything on the dash, except the speedometer, should work fine.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links