Thread: Mooring Install
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #11
codeman671

I will echo others in that 300lbs is not even close. Out there I would look for 2x1000lb blocks (or a single 2k) and a very thick chain....

Diversified did our moorings, I do not recall how heavy they were but they were large. We ended up after about 7-8 years having to re-chain them as ours was wearing very thin. I think we went to a stainless chain, it was about 4years ago so I am a bit hazy on the details.

You do have to be the property owner and provide registrations annually for the boats that you are claiming will be on the moorings. If the mooring is not actively permitted they may have to provide need for having it, for example if they have a dock with 2 slips on it and only 2 boats registered they may give you push back, although being on Rattlesnake a good argument can me made to keep boats off the dock in bad weather.

I do not think MP really goes around checking if the boat on the mooring matches the application. Over the years we had many different boats on our moorings and were never hassled. As long as the mooring permit sticker was valid we were good to go.

In our case we applied for 2 moorings before our docks were installed. We ended up putting in 4 boat slips and at max only owned 3-4 boats at a time, but they never gave us a hard time about renewing the moorings. The whole process was quick, easy and the people at MP were good to deal with.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote