Thread: Sloooow season:
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Lakes Newfound, Squam and Winnisquam are all relatively close to Winnipesaukee, especially if someone is already trailering their boat from Manchester or Andover, Ma or someplace. Where they gonna go? To a totally free state launch that includes parking, ramps, dock and rest rooms all closely together in one waterfront spot, or go to one of the varioius ten or 20-dollar town or marina spots. The state ramps are designed pretty good too with high quality ramps and parking.

What's missing from the weekend Buoy 3 area this summer is the usual "head inside a chainsaw" sound effects that been here for the last 17-years. It seems like the lake has become a quieter lake with less growling big bad go-fast style boats roaring around out they-re.

Must say that I be missing the big rolling waves! Hate to be losing the big 2-3 foot waves rolling and crashing so if somebody knows how to restore the lake's wave machine back to the old days.....that would be nice!

100% totally free; free is my number one favorite word. In case you were wondering, the State of NH ramp facilities were constructed with boat registration fee money....which means it was your money if you registered a boat in New Hampshire.

PS ......something tells me Mr Yankee, that ten years from now we will be having this same continuous argument, and you will still be wrong in ten years, too!
Once again you are wrong. I am not arguing, heck it's not worth my time to even attempt to debate with you. I just point out the ludicrous statements that you make.

Please tell me if I miss anything: You are of the opinion that the majority of the boats on the lake are the ones that go faster than 45mph, driven by drunkards, are loud, create enormous wakes, and are responsible for causing mayhem on the lake. You believe that the new SL law has changed everything and that the lack of boat traffic is the result. You profer that people are discouraged to trailer their boats to Winni because there are no free State of NH ramps, and conveniently ignore that I point out three that are. You attempt to spin the idea that somone who has $20,000+ invested in their boat won't pay $20 to launch it?

That we're in the worst economic times since the Great Depression is seemingly of no consequence to you.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)