Thread: Florida to NH
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 08:21 AM   #23
Merrymeeting

Everyone's circumstances are different and each individual needs to make decisions like this based on their own well-being while also being sure to not harm those around them.

We left FL min-afternoon on Friday, the 20th, arrived at our home in NH on the evening of the 21st. The trip would normally take much longer. But it's much faster when you can cruise at 75+ the whole way (including through NYC with no stops), you don't stop for dine-in meals, and you only stop at a hotel for 6 hours for needed sleep. The only person we came in direct contact with was the hotel clerk, and we both kept a wide berth between us. Other than the hotel, the only other stops were at a few rest stops. This was where I had my biggest concern. Most have those stupid hand blowers to dry your hands. Studies have shown that these things are worse than nothing as they just blow bacteria, viruses, and other bad things all over the place. I avoided them as much as possible and dried my hand on my pants.

Leaving FL was the right choice for us. Our residence there is a high-rise condo, only 1200 sq. ft. With 2 dogs, we would have needed to use the elevators multiple times a day to take the dogs out, elevators that are used my many, many others. Not to mention being stuck in a relatively small space with 2 dogs. Our alternative is our home here in NH, surrounded by woods and water, with currently no one within a hundred yards of us. Not to mention all our family is close by. It was an easy decision for us and I'm glad we moved quickly. A lot has changed even in the 8 days since we arrived.

We are still well and have only ventured out once to get necessary grocery supplies. Six more days and at least we can say it wasn't FL or the trip that may cause us to get sick.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post: