View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 08:27 PM   #2
DesertDweller

I have a gas log set in my place and will tell you my personal experiences.

It's really nice and pretty to look at. It's not the most efficient heat source and it uses a lot more gas that I thought it would. The exact amount I don't know other than to say I notice it when filling up our tank when using it versus not using it. The exact regulations I can't quote chapter and verse put we had the flexible piping inside our house and had to replace it with iron piping when we replaced our unit to bring it to code. I am pretty sure the flexible piping is acceptable for outdoor but not indoor. Please be sure to remember that some of the installers don't have gas licenses so you will need someone to do the plumbing first prior to installing the unit.

If I had a choice I would buy my own tank so you are not beholden to one supplier like I am. Depending on the usage I would probably get a 100 gallon tank assuming you are only using it for the gas log set but if the pricing to go larger is not too bad you may consider going bigger to save the hassle on the fill ups. They will only fill to 80 percent of the capacity.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DesertDweller; 02-27-2021 at 11:25 AM.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote