View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #18
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Maybe someone should tell Sirius about Best Buy, their website sends you to Best Buy for installation. Put in your ZIP code and see who Sirius recommends: http://www.siriusxm.com/installerlocator
My impression of Sirius/XM is that they probably could care less about the quality of the radio installation, so long as they get a subscriber that's all that seems to make them happy.

They are a total pain to work with, I have been a subscriber for several years and every year I call to cancel and every year I get transferred several times before I finally talk to the last person in line that typically will offer the best price. I suppose there are enough people that buy a subscription and don't care it's costing them twice as much to let it just auto renew versus calling them up and saying hey I want a better price. Last year I re-upped for another year at a cost of 59 bucks for their select package. I was happy with that, usually it's more like 100 bucks but I was offered a promotional deal supposedly only available to new subscribers... maybe they took offense to my comment about how new customers are treated better than long time loyal ones such as myself.

It is nice to have it, I spend a lot of time in the car commuting and quite frankly I find the morning shows on broadcast radio to be repulsive and crude to say the least and most of the programming music wise not to my taste. I understand HD radio is pretty good but have never tried it. Streaming via busybox (cell phone) is great if you have enough data to do it and happen to frequent areas that have 3 or 4G coverage. I just have one portable XM radio I use in the car, boat and camp.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote