View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #26
Bonnie W

Default My Apologies

BI and concerned others..... Not that I feel I need to post this but I would like to explain. First off, I was in the helicopter taking photos. There was no videos of this run taken except by spectators that I saw and a few go pros on some of the boats. And a still shot of a boat in a NWZ will not really prove that someone violated the NWZ not with that many boats going through one area. What apparently happened according to the anchor DONZI was that when my husband (the organizer & lead boat) went through The BI NWZ he idled out and quite a bit more and then took off. When he did that boats coming out of the NWZ did the same causing quite the wake in the NWZ and some boats did violate the NWZ as they were getting swamped.

As for the pictures you are looking for as proof, we are still in the process of touching them up and sorting them out to sell to boat owners for the sole purpose of paying for the helicopter. The pictures will be up soon on the lake Winnipesaukee DONZI Facebook page. Feel free to look at them and if you recognize the violator(s) I will personally speak to them.

This run was not planned to directly cause you stress, but rather get a bunch of boats, both performance and family boats to have fun seeing the lake and getting a nice picture of their boat. We have always been respectful of the lake and of others as it is our lake too. We had DONZI boats from all over New England as well as PA, DE, & NC. We try to hit as much of the lake as possible to show off our lake.

To address another concern/comment someone made, yes, marine patrol was notified about the event and they were either at or near every stop that we made. This is a condition to the permit.

Again, we did not mean to show disrespect to anyone.

In this same post I would like to thank everyone who participated and supported the run. As always we had a blast. I believe for the first time ever, we ended with more boats then we started with. It was great to see the family boat with the tube tied to its engine hatch join us. Again thank you all. Pictures will be up soon I will post when they are up.

Regards
George and Bonnie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bonnie W For This Useful Post: