View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #30
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
George Bush's quote on Agenda 21...

"It is the sacred principles enshrined in the United Nations Charter to which the American People will henceforth pledge their allegiance."
Context is important, as I'm sure that you know. How about providing a link to the whole speech, or quoting the whole paragraph that contains this sentence as well as the paragraphs before and after?

That quote is 20 years old. Have we been pledging our allegiance to the principles in the UN charter since then? Do you even know what the principles in the UN charter are?

Edited later to add: I don't think that George H.W. Bush ever said this. I spent a few minutes doing an internet search, and the only place that I could find these words was on wacko conspiracy theory web sites, plus a web site that lists false Bush quotes. Presidential speeches and statements are scrupulously recorded and archived. If Bush really said these words in public at the UN, or anywhere else, there would be an easily located and verifiable record of it. I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time), but I don't think so.

Last edited by P-3 Guy; 09-30-2012 at 09:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: