View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Charlie T

Default Marantz

Broadhopper

In reply to your question on the Marantz unit.

My company sells and services Pro Audio gear (think night clubs, concert halls, House of Worship etc). We don't do any consumer gear ( please don't ask) but I have a couple of suggestionsthat may help you.

Marantz is now D&M Holdings (Denon & Marantz) in NJ 631 740 0330. That is the first place I would start. If they can't help you with service I would at least request a schematic/ service manual as this will help the person who does end up servicing the unit for you.

Another place to call if D&M can't help you would be Aztec Electronics in Watertown Ma. They do a lot of older gear there and may be able to help you.

One thing to keep in mind is that MANY of the older semiconductors and IC chips from 30+ years ago are no longer available. I've had customers with "vintage" very expensive units that they were in love with forced to throw them in the "pile" because a $2.00 IC isn't available amy more.
In my industry there is a certain Pro Audio Power amp with production in the 10's of thousands that are no longer repairable because Hitachi no longer makes the output transistors. You may have to consider this possibility.

Good luck with you repair, I hope I have helped with the info I've provided.

Charlie T
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote