View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #85
parrothead

Default Give me a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Golf balls into the lake???? Yeah, that's about the same as riding a smowmobile across the lake! Give me a break. While I am not crazy about what he did, I don't believe it to be the crime everyone is making it out to be. For Pete's sake, stop and think for one second, one bloody second, how is it THAT different from riding a jet ski across the lake. Of course the snowmobile can sink, but under power? about the same thing. Of course it is wrong, and he violated the no wake zone (along with hundreds of others), but I still think it would be a pretty cool thing to see...and remember...it is actually a real sport, that is done IN WATER.
Hitting golf balls into the water?! That's the best you've got?!
Sell your argument, and I may buy it....but after that analogy...you have no credibility.
That is why the subject of the post was "I know this outrageous but.." SA Meredith I would never hit golf balls into the lake first of all. Secondly as Skip posted Watercross is done on a closed course. Now I agree the videos on line are pretty cool to watch, but skimming is against the law in NH. My analogy of hitting golf balls into the lake was in response to Pontiac's post about not bashing the kid for doing something "he likes to do in his spare time". Well I like to hit golf balls why can't I hit them out into the lake? If this kid can take his snowmobile and go at a high rate of speed on a public waterway, not be able to steer well and if he stops sink a snowmobile into the lake. Why can't I hit golf balls into the Lake? That is where the analogy came from.