Thread: Farm Island
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 06:10 AM   #52
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Opponents to Farm Island development packed a public hearing before the Tuftonboro Planning Board on July 18.

The board will again hear opinions on the proposal at a meeting on Aug. 1, which will take place at Tuftonboro Elementary School in anticipation of a heavier turnout than normal. However, the board is not likely to vote on the matter until a later date.

From the Laconia Sun:

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...ntent=headline
The article was an interesting read. It sounds to me like many people became used to a non-developed island and incorrectly assumed it would always stay that way. From the article, it seems the current owners tried to sell it to an entity that would preserve it, but the funds/interest isn't there.

Sometimes people forget that all the waterfront homes we enjoy were once un-developed, pristine shoreline. Privately owned land should be able to be developed, as long as current zoning and rules are followed.

I would love to see all future development stopped, a limit on the size, speed, sound, and number of boats, free parking and access for island property owners, lower property taxes, and more, but that's not going to happen, nor should it.

I'll be curious as to how this all works out.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote