View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 07:54 PM   #38
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
MOST..IF Not All the place's ON the lake (with docks) have been "Booked" the year before. People come in..they like the place..and they book again....year after year. When they are departing, after their stay...they Book again.. right then...for the next year. The only way you get in is if you Luck Out and someone has died, and THEN there is a SLOT that pops up.

Good Luck. It's hit or miss. It may take you a year or two to get in.. to the place you have picked as the place you want. NB

PS: OFF Season works....Dogs OK..trouble is..Your Kids are back in school. ...
That is not the case as I know it.

I have had a rental house on the lake for the last 14 years that sleeps 10 and the two houses next to mine are also summer weekly rentals. I do not start to take new reservations until January and at that time this year only three weeks were already spoken for by previous renters. I still have a couple of weeks left, although they are not the best weeks. (June 25th and August 20th) Bike Week is also still available. My two neighbors both had weeks go unfilled last summer although my rental was full all summer. All of our houses have docks.

So, no one has to die and you will not need luck, you just need to look around and you will find something. There is plenty of availability.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: