View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #22
NoBozo

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
My local Cub Cadet dealer suggested this. There is a product put out by Stihl (chain saws) that is purportedly REAL Gasoline..without the ETHANOL. Comes in quart cans....Not Cheap. He suggests..when you winterize/summerize..you run the engine for awhile on this stuff ..to Displace the old Ethanol gas in the system. Then drain the carb as best you can. NB
As I stated previously, the 2 year old snow blower would ONLY run with the choke near full ON at maybe 60% power.

SO: I drained the gas tank and removed the float bowl and checked the contents. Nothing but Clean Gas..no Sediment, Goop, Water or corrosion. The Ethanol gas was less than two months old.

I bought a quart can of Stihl MotoMix for $7.99 as suggested by the Stihl/Cub Cadet dealer. It's 92 Octane non Ethanol gasoline with a 50:1 mix of synthetic oil designed for two strokes. I put about half the can of MotoMix in the tank and the machine started on the fourth pull.

It RUNS Perfectly now. Full throttle, half throttle, idle..etc and NO Choke after 30 seconds of running. Goody Goody.

The CONCLUSION: The only explanation is that the less than two month old Ethanol gas was FLAT. The MotoMix has a two year shelf life so I will store the machine with the MotoMix in the tank and system Until it snows. Then I will go buy some fresh Ethonal gas for the snow removal...then back to the MotoMix until next time. NB: Happy Camper.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post: