View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #33
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
Part of the problem is, and I am not saying it is the case,
that people would rather have the government and regulators take up their single mind or minority point of view and let them run with it instead of people taking these small personsal matters into their own hands
We seem to be oversimplifying here.
We've heard it said on this forum that if you want to see the results of a country with minimal laws one can go to Somalia. And you can see what happens there when people take "matters into their own hands".
Quote:
Not saying all matters should be dealt with on their own accord, but stuff like this, the speed limit, the noise, all this bogus non ecominc issues should be left alone by the goverenment and let the people choose
Our government in Concord is elected by the people. The people do choose.

Quote:
when all jsut need to sit back and just enjoy the area for what it is and let everyone enjoy it the way they want to, but with safety in mind

Instead of all these tests and rules there should be one test for everything in life and that should be nothing more than a COMMON SENSE TEST!
If you do not have common sense then in any aspect of life there will be problems
Some people's idea of common sense can be at the far end of the bell curve. Someone may feel its OK to leave their stereo up all night...glad there are laws against disturbing the peace. We heard from Shreddy of how he likes all his toys loud (and from a few of his critics about how he ruins snowmobiling for everyone). And yes, we all do pay a price for a few (really) bad apples ...I'm not a terrorist but have to take off my shoes at the airport for example.