View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #124
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Well, it's a start.*** APS, at least you offer a compromise to your position.* I personally do not think that it is enough of a compromise but heck, it's a start in the right direction.
I've offered other compromises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
SO, WHAT DOES IT SAY, Jeez, you are worse than WMUR. Spit out a little, as if it is some great secret or it is going to change the orbit of the Earth or something. Just come out with the information, you obviously feel as though you have all the answers and YOUR people can only handle so much information at a time.
I no longer have that PFD in front of me, but its message is basically, NOT tested at 50-MPH, and NOT advised for high-speed boat activities.

It would have made a good thread by itself, but the SL discussions are getting less valuable. (Featuring oversized pictures of oversized boats in other states and their newest paint jobs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
"...My racing jacket costs in the hundreds of dollars and is specifically designed for high speeds..."
Then you are amply protected for Winnipesaukee's new speed limits.
Others—not so much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
"...To your first point, you are correct, there is ZERO correlation to beer cans on your shoreline to people boating under the influence. The beer cans could have come from someone elses shoreline, where the people drinking were not driving. The beer cans could have come from boats where the passengers were drinking, and not the captain..."
Those conditions are present every year.

This is the first year of the SL law, and some boaters are staying away.