View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #86
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Wrong again buddy! Prisoners are allowed to vote by sending in an absentee ballot to their home town. Why do you make up all these lies....
Wrong again buddy! http://www.idebate.org/debatabase/to...hp?topicID=515 "Only two US states (Maine and Vermont) permit prisoners to vote, although Utah and Massachusetts also did so until 1998 and 2000 respectively." While you guys are so quick to call everyone else a liar, you have no trouble just throwing anything out as fact and have been able to get away with it because you had chased all those who disagreed with you away. Start doing your homework, like I do, before you make things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
...little to no regard for facts. It's getting a tad embarrassing.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
Just the facts sir.
Exactly. Could not have said it better. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
I don't understand how complaining or trying to change a law makes it "effective". That does not compute....
It's sad that you can't understand this. If a drunk approached you and complained that he thought the DUI laws weren't doing anything and should be repealed to purge the statutes of a meaningless law, would you believe him? Would you be more appreciative of our DUI laws or less? If a guy in a big speedboat approached you and said "we don't need a speed limit...trust me, I'll behave. All I really care about is purging our statutes of meaningless laws" would you believe him? Want to by some magic beans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Boaters with slower boats are also unhappy at the class warfare strike in the false name of safety.
You mean the kayakers and camp directors look down on the people in the Thundercult with their $200000 boats? This one went way over my head. Are people with minivans that believe in highway speed limits just practicing class warfare? This one is a real stretch. This is better than the "discrimination against a certain class of boater" theory.

Had a wonderful afternoon out there. There is nothing better to a sailor than a late summer westerly breeze across the Broads. I probably approached the speed limit myself a few times. Saw numerous patrol boats. Saw hundreds of boaters enjoying the lake. But never saw a single boat that looked to be breaking the SL law. What a great way to close out the best summer in years.