View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #70
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
This ever-changing and irrelevant story is getting old. Was it a performance boat or a little 25HP hydroplane? Was it called in from an island or a road association? How do you know? Was it in a no wake zone or in front of someone’s house? Are shorefront owners suddenly starting to call in these fictitious violations as part of some nefarious pro-speed limit conspiracy? How would this help their cause? It’s starting to sound like a big fabrication that just cannot be kept straight. It sounds more likely to me that the whole story is either made up or that some speed limit opponent is making these calls. Otherwise, its relevance eludes me. Is the point that shorefront owners cannot call the MP when they feel they are witnessing a violation or that boaters should be allowed to harass shorefront owners? The MP can take care of themselves. They know the source phone number of every call and would just cite the caller for filing a fraudulent report if that was the case. They require identification of every caller (I know). They will not respond to an anonymous complaint (I know). So clearly there is another motive to this repeated story about someone feeling that a boat was violating a law and reporting it to the MP. Why not just save us the suspense and come out with it?
You can say that again… and it’s not the shorefronters.
el, get a clue the stories are two separate incidents. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Another chink in your armor I'm afraid. Everyone else seems to have their stories straight. You parse comments and jump all over people with little to no regard for facts. It's getting a tad embarrassing.