View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #19
Mee-n-Mac

Cool Dimensionally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
1) In this case, "the intrusion" isn't Government: It's those 4˝-tons of velocity multiplied by mass that can't be called back.

I know that accuracy in hyperbole is not your forte but shouldn't that have been "4˝-tons of mass multiplied by velocity" ?

Quote:
2) In this case, "personal responsibility" lies with the kayakers, skiers, tubers, swimmers, inflatables, canoes and rowboats—who, in their everyday lives, would be required to "make themselves visible" or get out of the way.

And so what's to be made of the incident on Sunapee where a boat of less than 4˝-tons mass travelling at a speed (see, that wasn't so hard was it ?) of less that 45 MPH mowed down a kayak (and nearly the kayaker) ? Will you now campaign that 45 MPH is too high for those "danged Sunapee boaters" ? Should water skiing be banned because there's a chance that a boater might, maybe not pay enough attention to what lies in front of him vs that which is towed behind him ? Are ski and wakeboard boats to be the objects of derision now ? Hmmmm, I wonder what emotionally overladen invectives can be dreamed up ? Oh well I'm sure you're up to the task !

Quote:
Yup. Bring back those grand old days of cigar smoking on commercial travel and in restaurants. Not to mention the good old days when we didn't have to "buckle up" and were able to spew that heady mixture of hydrocarbons and tetraethyl lead from our exhaust pipes.

(And those dizzying days before BWI).

Now them's wuz sum good ole days!
They were sum good ole days weren't thay !! Except for the BWI, which in a lot of cases should stand for Boating While Inattentive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mee-n-Mac For This Useful Post: