View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Ohhh but OCD "this poll is in the BOATING forum." Therefore all results are completely false and biased.

Actually I wonder if Don would agree to let this poll hang out in the GENERAL DISCUSSION thread for all to vote upon? Could we also title it the Speed Limit Law Poll?

I know that even then the results will be challenged because some folks here would refuse to believe that this entire site www.winnipesaukee.com is overrun with Performance Boaters. I wish Don had a way to refute this claim. Perhaps every member should have to register whether or not they had a boat or not or whether or not that boat was a "Performance Boat" or not.

I guess it is extremely difficult to see the numbers come back time and time again and have to accept that fact that the SL supporters are in the minority. I wonder if one of the local newspapers could hire an independent research firm to do a poll? Would that once and for all prove the point? I know that I would love to see the Citizen publish a poll and subsequent article discussing the results. Any reporters read this forum????
No matter how / where / or what wording we use there will always be discussion as to the validity of any poll. If it went the other way then I am sure the discussion would not take place.

This is as clean cut as you can get it. Anyone on the entire forum: that is WINNEPESAUKEE.COM can vote here. Given it is a boating thread it is still published on the open forums. If someone who doesn't own a boat and feels passionate about their feelings I am sure they know where to go to discuss.

Even though it is in the boating catagory, it does not mean it isn't visited by Non-boaters. I have friends and family of friends who have called me to let me know that they have been reading these threads and they don't even own a boat.

Again, I think when the poll doesn't go in the way one wants it, then claiming it isn't valid is an unfortunate response.