View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #52
SailinAway

Used my new Toro Power Clear 721E for the first time yesterday in about 8" of heavy, weight snow.

Positives: It handled the mess at the bottom of the driveway left by the town plow pretty well, as long as I moved slowly and only did about 10" wide at a time (still better than shoveling). Throws heavy snow about 20 feet. Wasn't too hard to push up my 15-degree driveway.

Negatives: There are quite a few. Really loud! Temperamental engine: not happy if gas is left in it for a week. It took several minutes to get it running smoothly. I've ordered some Sea Foam; maybe that will help. Leaves about 1/4" of packed snow behind---I think this was due to the density of the snow. I had to go over everything twice. Exhaust smell is pretty strong. A full tank of gas only lasted about 30 minutes. Wherever I let the machine rest in the driveway there were gas spots.

A real design flaw of this machine is the number of steps required to get to the spark plug---you have to dismantle the chute, top shroud, and back. Yearly maintenance seems pretty complicated, compared to a lawnmower.

I'll see how this machine does in fluffier snow next time.

Thanks again to Loub52 for recommending this.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote