View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #40
songkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I'm still trying to figure out whether people are serious or not? I've never heard of doing this either... Even if you did do this I would think it rinses off the first drive taken on a rainy day with all the tire spray getting underneath.
The old Yankees in NH have been doing this for many decades. So yes, it is real. It is also legal to dispel those rumors.

Just spoke with a local who I know - he purchased a 2000 something Ford F150 Extended Cab 4X4 with an 8 foot bed 8 years ago. A rare and more expensive truck. He travels to Manchester for inspections at a shop where he knows the owner. He does get inspection stickers. But even this place/shop told him this year was the last year for an inspection sticker for his truck. The truck still looks somewhat nice but the frame is rotted. No, not in good enough condition to replace/fix frame. At about $30,000 plus at time of purchase - now worthless - except for a parts vehicle.
New one coming next year at a cost of another $30,000 plus.

No, he doesn't believe in oil undercoating. You see, new vehicles don't rust. That's what the new truck salesman told him.
Maybe he will get another Ford truck - all aluminum alloy on the body - but no, not the frame.

Human nature is quite interesting. Some believe - some don't and will never.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote