Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #249
jetskier

Post Actually, it is simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
A useful on topic post. Thank you.

However I disagree that the rail system in NH is dead and I certainly disagree with Mr Connolly. Try telling this to the Hobo and Winnipesaukee Rail Companies, Conway Scenic Rail and others that continue to employee residents of this state and continue to be profitable.

Watch the video of the town meeting and tell me that rail is dead. You are just pushing your agenda of removing the rail in place of the trail.

I keep saying it, if you want the trail they should coexist. If you think the trail will be that more socially and economically beneficial to the area than spend the extra dollar for them to run parallel.
The solution to the problem is simple:
  1. There is no way that the current active rail line is going to be repurposed for the WOW trail. There is no basis to displace the businesses, there are federal right of use licenses and the state is investing the current rail line.
  2. The rails with trails solution is too costly and there are a number of property rights issues and construction challenges.

The solution is to consider alternatives that are less disruptive and affordable. That is the path (no pun) of progress...everything else has become pretty much moot.

Just saying...

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jetskier For This Useful Post: