View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 08:50 PM   #142
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
The numbers have increased with the seasonal population change. The influx of snowbirds would have caused the same issue in any other state.

Florida has approximately 21 million residents. That grows by 3 to 4 million people every winter. Those people come from various backgrounds and areas that may be inundated with covid.

The state's permanent population grows by about 1,000 people per day, unlike the northern states that have people fleeing. Obviously, that will change the covid statistics as well.

With this change in numbers and the mobility of people it is no surprise that the covid numbers have begun to rise.
Begun to rise? They've skyrocketed!

1,000 new Florida residents/day is a big number. But it's nothing compared to the average daily covid cases--now at 58,000 for Florida. Even if every newcomer has covid, you're still at 57,000. So I'm going to have to disagree on the newcomers changing the stats.

Also, when you say wintertime is tough for covid in Florida, you remind me that a few months ago the governor said summertime was tough because "it's our indoor season".

As I noted above, Rick DeSantis is working hard every day...to deceive us