View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #54
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUH View Post
The speed limit has had nil effect on the 15000 pound plus summer cabins that now churn up the lake every weekend.. Can we please all try and be realistic about whats happening out there.. Weight limit, horsepower limit is needed !!!!!
This is not needed......... So basically you are advocating that we ban the Mount, the Sophie C, Doris E., the Mini mount, the Winni-bell, all the cabin cruisers where people live on, etc, because a "few" captains who are obviously uneducated to boating or are plain reckless with their wakes are on the lake.???

Lets not group what could be hundreds of boats into one catagory because of one or two bad apples.

We have all been discussing that there are restrictions in place to provide a safe enviorment on the lake. There are laws that hold you responsible for your wake.

From the sound of it this particular Captain is leading the bonehead squad so I don't think we need to be jumping up and down calling for further restrictions on the lake.

(no directed at you HUH) but how long did that take? I predicted it over 2 years back. Pass the law that shall not be discussed, nothing will change (and hasn't based on all the problems and amount of accidents), and then we will have others asking for HP and weight limits.

How many restrictions have to be passed before people realize it isn't that a new law is needed... It is that we need people with common sense. You can pass millions of laws and this will not teach someone how to boat in a courteous manner. You can not legislate common sense! period.

Here is the answer to the issue. We all know the boat's name, apparently it is easy to spot. How about writing the bow number down, send a private message to the original poster, he can then give it to the MP. Perhaps the MP will call and explain they have had numerous complaints which may make this bonehead captain think about what he is doing next time out. Problem solved.

Ok..... I am done ranting now.