View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 06:05 PM   #87
John Mercier

His system is designed for cold start.
We can use the cut off service switch in the house should we leave for any length of time in the summer... but when it starts up it has more water (thermal mass) to heat before it is ready to produce domestic hot water at the level desired.

I don't remember when I first heard of the cold start oil-fired systems... as the various industries are always updating to keep competitive.
I even complained to our window manufacturers on their WOCD factory applied only situation, and finally have an Andersen approved field applied hardware option in my system - hard to find, but they pointed out how to. Of course, then I get informed that E-series will be 66 weeks lead time.

I'm guessing with the cold start oil-fired being in Europe first, it may be hard to either get parts... or maybe they have entered into the US market enough to overcome that obstacle.

It would be interested in hearing whether the AFUE is high-efficiency and what the cleaning schedule is. I heard the gas-fired on-demand was pretty high efficiency and ran very clean, while the only downside to the electric was the high wattage requirement for an average size home.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote