View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #35
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I think that test report says it all.

While you could try new props, I don't believe you will find it that rewarding. I have reproped a few boats, and never noticed, and effect on the effectness of trim. Gain a better hole shot, or faster speeds is really what re-proping a boat does for you.

My personal opinion, is don't get caught up with the trim guage. the are known to be problematic. I really believe the most economical solution to your problem is as I stated before... Put the tabs up, and spend time understanding the boat, with just the drive time. Figure out where you want it, and then leave it stationary and let the tabs help you with everything else.....

Now if you are interested in spending money to get to a better situation, I suggest looking into bigger trim tabs.... the with lengthen the running surface, you should be able to trim up on the drive some more, and then use the tabs to settle down the porposing...