View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #93
Woodsy

I didn't say I would be happy about it.... But your question was philosophical... it would NEVER happen.

But the real issue is personal rights vs. public rights. Hence my reference to the horse being already out of the barn. IMHO, the lake has too few/little public access points. For example... Laconia does not have a public boat launch, and the only decent state owned launch is in Alton Bay with limited parking.

I also think this big boat ($$$$) vs little boat ($) argument is way overblown. If someone can afford a big $$$ boat good for them. If all someone can afford is a small $ boat... good for them too! Boats are luxury items... very few people NEED a boat. So I don't have much tolerance for a guy with a small boat or lake house whining about a guy with a bigger boat or house. To me it is like the have(s) whining about the have more(s). I happen to fall into the have(s) category. I am blessed enough to live here year 'round in a small condo off the water in the Weirs, and a smaller (26') boat.

Woodsy