View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #72
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
There is a dip-switch when you replace the batteries that turns that blue light off/on.

My Blinks are terrible. I can walk in front and it catches me. I run and it doesn't. I can walk out to my car, pop the trunk and not move for 30 seconds then walk back to the front door directly in front of the camera. It catches me going out and not going back. 10 second retrigger does not work.

Reviews on Blink are quite bad if you really read them thru. Tried every combo of settings, and learned that at max all batteries last 12 days with ~ 12 triggers a day.

Solution - Upgraded to Ring and everything works great now, no issues. Blinks relegated to indoor cameras, and they work for that. You can talk to the dogs when they misbehave.
Good to know about the blink. I only use them in the house and they seem to work fine for my purposes. The new one that I just bought will be facing outdoors but inside a window. It will be interesting to see how that works.
My daughter got the ring camera's because she had someone steal stuff from her car in the driveway. She really likes them.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote