Thread: Bottom Paint
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #10
Knot Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
You have left a lot of questions unanswered... If you're boating in fresh water only, or you trailer the boat and are using it in the ocean, there is no need to paint the bottom. The only reason to paint the bottom is if you are going to leave it in salt water for a long period of time. If you are a salt water boater, and keep it on a slip / mooring, then you would clean and repaint the hull every season. The only "maintenance" you would have to pay for now, is to clean it up if you are not leaving it in salt water. Most places would most likely charge by the foot, whether they are just cleaning the existing paint/algae off, and/or repainting it. You may be able to get a quote over the phone just by the length of your boat, but some may want to see it before they quote it.
So... I am at lake Winnipesauke (Thus Winni forum)...

Not trailering yet I am a DIY guy all day... but I don't have the means to pull it out of the lake just yet... was hoping to not need to so quickly...
as it is a Sea Ray 260 Sundancer 2005...

I am the second owner... not sure if the bottom was painted or the black grey water line is original to the boat... it is in a slip... and planning to store it heated...

Again... Looking for options for pulling it, to look at it...
Rent a trailer? or What some of the Marina's charge to pull...
Prices and such...
Also, are there any DIY places in the Winni area...
such as they pull it and you can work on it for a short period of time... things like that...
Knot Today is offline   Reply With Quote