View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #47
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dock and Barge View Post
As many of you have read and made statements I feel compelled to now respond. As one of the owners of Northeast Dock and Barge yes the site on Forest Road is a site where we are currently performing a permitted repair rebuild for one of our customers. The picture as shown by Darlene Forest the head of the Wetlands Department for New Hampshire DES (shorethings)portrays a large plum of silt as shown on the date in which it was taken. Northeast Docks takes responsibility for doing a permitted repair with turbidity curtains that upon review should have been upgraded prior this repair. Upon being notified by Marine Patrol and Des immediate action which included new turbidity curtains being installed and a stop of work until we felt the situation was contained. We take our responsibility to the customers we serve seriously. Mistakes are made under the best of intentions and we take full responsibility for what happened. That said many there are many projects that take place on this body of water that are not permitted and do not fall even close to the catagory of repair. After 12 years in business I am proud of our record and this is our first interaction when it comes to a infraction. We will strive to do better and will continue to make improvements to how we perform our work. I hope we can all do better as lakefront owners and contractors to better preserve this resource. Best, Luke Freudenberg Northeast Dock and Barge Inc.
Her last name is Forst, not "Forest"