View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #30
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Lakes Region Life.

You will be about an hour from the White Mountains, an hour from the ocean, and about an hour plus to Bean Town. So its a good centrally located spot to enjoy the 4 seasons. If you like being outdoors year round.

I move from the Winnipesaukee to Winnisquam in the late 90's and save tons of money in taxes and RE. Yet I can walk to Lakeport where the dock is. Year round is economical but to use the home on a seasonable basis will be expensive.

Some folks rent out their homes when they are not using it. Tried the landlord route and I am not cut out for it.

Health care is questionable. Concord has an excellent hospital and CMC in Manchester has a great reputation for cardiac care. Hitchcock in Lebanon has excellent cancer care.

As for shopping, Amazon is the way to go and the local UPS hires a good number of people. Concord has some good shops, but if I can I will always buy local.

Lakes Region has more than its share of fine restaurants, if that is your pastime. The farmers market do a good job in providing local products.

It is not for everyone, but if you enjoy laying back and can put up with the tourist season, the fall, winter and spring is a treat!