View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
Lucky1

Default Plenty of great food around this area SKIP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
....More food for me!
Skip.....................You would never go hungry in this location. For those of you who are not from our wonderful part of the lake, listen up! I hear there will be food, but just in case you want to also explore and see some of these wonderful places that we all post about........

Red Hill Dairy is just across the street. They have soft serve and lobster rolls and fries and clams and all kinds of food that gets rave reviews.

Sam and Rosie's is also across the street and they have lobster rolls and fries and burgers etc. Everyone also raves about their place.

Then Dewey's, which I keep reading has wonderful ice cream, is also right across the street and up a few more feet. I have yet to try their ice cream as I have to watch my fat, but there have been some here who say it is great.

If you want to stay and explore or walk a block or so, Canoe is also right there if you came by boat and don't have a car. This probably would be dinner. AND if you decide you want to drive to Meredith for a movie or something later in the evening, you can first drive to the famous Village Kitchen which is only five minutes up Route 25 from Center Harbor, where the Forum Fest is happening. Saturday night is PRIME RIB! Or you can eat at The Bob House where my favorite is now the onion soup and corned beef sandwich, but they also have great dinners and lobster rolls!! Lemon Grass is less than a mile and is my friend's favorite restaurant. Kevin's is just up a short distance from Center Harbor. Have only been to Kevins for his all you can eat lobster and prime rib that happens at the end of the month in summer. In that same small area is a Chinese restaurant that is called Lee Wah. Have had the luncheon specials and taken food out. A bit more up Route 25 after Village Kitchen is The North End where we had a great time last year on a lobster special night.

Lago is right there on Meredith Bay, and Mame's is right up the hill from the intersection in Meredith. Karen and Barry's is up the hill from the same Meredith intersection of 25 and 3 or I guess you can enter from Mills Falls. Hope to try their place soon.

So you see Skip..........there is plenty of food around so maybe some of you will come back to our area and try it out if there is plenty to eat at the fest!!!! We have a wonderful Bed and Breakfast and also Church Landing which is right on the water. Our Fest site is near a motel, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

I have never been to a Forum Fest so am looking forward to it. The weather is to be wonderful. There is a beach too.........but I have to say that it is not nearly as nice as my beach! Should be a great time!!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

PS I don't know all of the places here so if I left some out, it was not because I did not like them.

I just absolutely love it here!!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote