View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
GTO

Default 2nd that

We went there a few weeks ago to eat and watch a game from the Toronto series. at the end of the 2nd period we looked around to notice we were the last people there other than the crew. It was past closing time but we were never rushed by our waitress or any of the staff. We left at that point but appreciated the staff that night (Toronto who?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post
I would just like to give a shout out to the Mug...in Meredith. Thank you for the hospitality.

My husband and I were staying at Mill Falls over the weekend. Wanted to go out and watch the Bruins Sat night and knew we would be drinking, so we took a taxi there. Spoke with the driver about a ride back home and he said sure.....just give him enough notice before hand....at least 30 mins.

Into the 3rd period of the game, I spoke with the bartender to confirm closing time as when I called the day before...Closing was like 10:00 or when the game ended. I told her I was trying to time it right by giving the taxi enough time but not cutting ourselves short by missing the end of the game. She said she would check.

Next thing...the owner (Paul, I believe) comes over.....saying...where r u you staying and then says....don't call a call a Taxi. I will drive you. Its 5 mins down the road...it is not big deal. We tried to refuse, but he was insistent. He just said, it was closing time, there were enough employees there to help with the close he would drop us off and then shoot back. We certainly did not expect this.

We had been scoping out places during the day of "where to watch" the game. Looked at 3-4 places in Meredith that were within walking distance, but opted to go with our first choice of The Mug. Sat at the bar initially, then moved to the back room....front and center in front of the TV...volume right up there. We enjoyed a burger and a pizza and things were great....especially the 3 period and the Win!

Thank you Paul from the Mug. Your generosity is certainly appreciated.