View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 04:15 PM   #60
longislander

Quote:
My point is that since it is not town, Part 1 Article 28-a plays a role.
Your point keeps changing. What does
Quote:
that since it is not town, Part 1 Article 28-a plays a role.
even mean? Statutes not enacted by the town? The NH Constitution is an overall guiding law?

Quote:
A lawsuit, depending on outcome, could alter or even scrap the program.
I've already mentioned:
Quote:
State law can be changed by the legislature and/or the NH Supreme Court case law.
Quote:
Since the property is intended as an investment, that plays an overreaching role in the decision on what to invest in, and what the timeline of the hold is.
What property are you talking about? My property? It is not an investment property in the sense of making money. The 13 acres are a legacy property. It is an investment in the sense that it makes good use of money, legally. Any property bought is subject to the buyer's intent, investment or not. Please don't try to explain "investment". Just Google it.

Quote:
And there is no ''grandfathering''.
Grandfathering in the general sense, not necessarily in the statutory sense would be considered by those making decisions. How could it not ... affecting so much property, and creating effects on so many citizens, towns, and the state itself.

Quote:
The biggest possibility of a lawsuit on that issue would be could the municipality do a 10% penalty against a property due to the fact that the property no long had the CU option.
What? Do you understand the 10% penalty? Do you understand it is law ... now! The towns have no choice. There can be no lawsiut on something being discussed by whomever, if that is what you mean?

"The land use change tax rate is "10% of the full and true value" of the land that no longer qualifies for current use (RSA 79-A:7). The 10% land use change tax is not based upon the amount of taxes saved over the years in which the property was in current use."

https://www.revenue.nh.gov/current-u...15-booklet.pdf

Maybe you can reference your next "current use" point, that you'll undoubtedly try to make, referencing one of the following in the URL:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...TOC-V-79-A.htm
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote