View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 07:40 AM   #75
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJohn View Post
Maybe Covid and the response to it is just part of evolution as the stupid people get removed from the earth. I had a friends who argued that Covid was a political hoax staged by the democrats. He then laughed at the idiots who wore masks. When the vaccines came out he staunchly opposed them. When he caught Covid he told people it was a joke because he felt fine...UNTIL he didn't feel fine. By then it was too late for the antibody treatment but he would not have done that anyway.

He becomes so sick he goes to the hospital and is on oxygen for 2 weeks then he placed on a ventilator for 2 weeks. Finally he is place on an ECMO machine but Covid finally won and he died. He was 43 years old and left a young boy without a Dad. He was a very, very kind and generous soul but his stupidity not Covid killed him. My heart goes out to him and his family but he made his choice, which he was free to do because his opinion was Covid was a joke. The joke was on him and he and his family paid the price.

People are free to argue and have uneducated opinions. But when those "opinions" risk infecting other people because they refuse to behave in a responsible way they become predators. I understand my post will not change a single thing because somehow people have lost the ability to critically think.
A very tragic sad story, and the sad part is you remember your friend as "stupid" rather than respecting his decisions about how he chose to live his life. He choose free choice over fear, maybe it was a bad choice, but it was his to make and he did.

So would someone joining the military and going to war and then dies also be stupid? Maybe to some,,,

Remember your friend as "very, very kind and generous soul" not as a stupid person who had the "joke" turned on him and his family.

No one lives forever. If COVID didnt get him he may have lived to be 100 and died of old age, or he may have slipped and fallen and died yesterday in the bath tub or lost his footing climbing Mt Major and fallen to his death next year. Does how he died have to taint your memory of him so badly you really need to remember him as stupid,,,

Just something to think about.

Again so much hostility and anger and intolerance, and so so much fear.

Its really disheartening to se so many people so worked up over this.

Make your decision about what you need to do for yourself and let the other person do the same and then own it and live.

Life cannot stop over all this, and why should it? NH official COVID deaths yesterday 1 and a 7 day average of 2 COVID deaths.