View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 09:59 AM   #45
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlock View Post
So

In 1967 My grandfather applied for and received a permit to build a 2 bedroom septic system at the camp. This was the first year septic systems were required in NH. I still have the drawing that my grandmother hand drew of the system as well as the approval for construction and the approval for operation. The trenches for the pipe and stone were blasted and hand dug. The crushed stone was dumped at the shoreline by the Kitty Belle. We kids spent the next two years hauling buckets of stone up the hill to the trenches where my grandfather had carefully laid the perforated pipe which at the time was made of tar impregnated paper. We didnt have enough stone to cover the pipe completely so one of our jobs was to pick small stones off the lake bottom and haul the up the hill to the trenches. I think this helped show us kids the value of hard work.
Well said. Those of us that have been on the lakes for decades have similar stories we pass on to the grandkids. I always like to leave notes in odd places so years from now hopefully I get a smile from someone I may never meet

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote