Thread: Seaplane Rescue
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 03:47 PM   #18
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Seaplane Adventures View Post
You all make very great points. All to be taken under advisement.

Oh, did I mention that it would be a volunteer service? So, no cost to the taxpayers.

There are many different possibilities, such as search and rescue operations, think finding lost people...

We are currently working with other states to coordinate and mirror their operations. I think that most of you are making assumptions that this would be a "rescue service".

Things are evolving and we will keep you updated. I made edits to my original post for clarity.
ESA - I was on your side when this all started (go back and look at my posts on another thread) but I think you're severely reaching at this point. I genuinely wish you the best and will never route against a local business (especially a fun one), but your responses to people who have a vested interest in the area (including you) are killing your business model before it's even off the ground (pun intended).

How can you say people are making "assumptions" that this would be a "rescue service" when you outright say it will in the first post? Be honest, take criticism in stride, and let people know you are looking to try and run a reasonable commercial operation out of the town and that you're attempting to take the appropriate steps necessary to do so. This forum isn't the judge jury and executioner, but it's powerful enough to provide you with some of the biggest supporters and opponents as well. Again, wish you the best since I do think you're facing a tough challenge here.