View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 06:00 AM   #76
ApS

Arrow Safer, But That Can Change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
APS, you're beginning to post like FLL!
FLL and I agree that some speedboats are a mortal hazard to peaceable boaters—most especially, those speedboat "drivers" who practice scofflaw "driving".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
You know, it is pretty clear to me that we don't agree on this, which is fine. I have no intention of clogging this forum with images or pictures of boats, canoes, kayaks, or pets on stand up paddle boards similar to what you may have found on the internet. The fact of the matter is, and you can't disagree with this, is that certain watercraft, or objects on the water, in certain conditions, are difficult to see.
Starting with the five kayaks nine days ago, every photo was taken by me on this Lake. The prior Interstate photo was also mine. The SUP with the dogs was taken at a neighbor's here last month. The dogs' owners brought swim masks, and were diving below. Most of us can see the dogs, which are smaller than most boaters.

This powerboat is an occupied Jet-Ski at headway speed, which I'll propose is not as easy to see as a kayak:

BTW: How would it do at a dockside exhaust noise test, I wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
No matter the speed you are traveling, sometimes things are hard to see. If you disagree with that, then well I don't know what to say.
Speed diminishes the visual experience: it's not made better with rain, fog, darkness, "selfie-sticks", GPS, cellphones, alcohol, a boat at full-capacity, or squinting into the sun.