View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 01:36 PM   #67
Biggus

I've been very civil here, why are you throwing knives in my direction? You don't know who my friends are. As a matter of fact some of my friends are friends of yours. But since I have a performance boat I am lumped into this terror group???

People who do know me tend to like me, actually I am a very likeable guy! I am not the animal you portray me to be.

I do think the LRSLA is very one-sided and full of mis-information. For example when you had my boat on the video clip. the description read that I had been given 3 citations for excessive noise. That is false. I actually was the first performance boat to volunteer for decibel testing when the game wardens recieved their first meter. I was tested later that summer and was over the limit and given a citation. The muffling system was repaired and I was retested and found to be in complience with the law. In three years I have only recieved one citation and my boat now complies with the law.

Another bit of misinformation was the boat you labled as "RED" and read that it was an example of manufacturers trends towards marketing excessively loud boats. That boat is 15 years old!!! Not a new vessell by any means.

Your comment on the noise is so loud that you can't even have a conversation in your own home is just plain unbelievable. I've been on this lake for over 30 years and have never heard anything remotely close to that.

I do agree with the fact that there are quite a few unsafe boaters out there. But the offenders are not performance boaters. I have never seen a perf. boat up here operating in a dangerous manner. Take a trip through the locks some busy weekend, you are sure to see some clowns and many of them are intoxicated. But none of them will be in a perf. boat.

Just because I've responded to some of the Long Lake topics on the "other" site does not mean I agree with some of the rediculous responses that the thread had recieved.

I'm a property owner also. I can appreciate your want for tranquility but you bought a home in the middle of the largest recreation area in southern Maine and to boot, at the narrowest point of the lake and then cry that you can't find "sanctuary" ...sorry but it's not going to be found here, it can be found about 200 miles north.

Aren't you an avid snowmobiler? I am too but my wife and next door neighbors can't stand the sound of them and many are operated in a very unsafe manner. But, they don't plan to start a ban on them like the LRSLA has done to perf. boats.

Is it true that your family owns one of the largest auto parts chains in the US? If so I'm sure that there hundreds of families all over the country that are sick and tired of the ear-splitting racket from the aftermarket exhaust spewing out of Honda's and Toyotas that seem to be popular with the young kids these days.

The LRSLA is very one-sided and smells like hypocrocy in a big way.