Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #263
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
It happened, but its relevance as a data point in any way to what is being discussed here is zero. That you bring it up as a "reminder" or "argument" serves only to act as a distraction to a rational discussion.

A powerboat hit an empty, unlit kayak that was floating free in the water at night. The kayak was merely a piece of debris at that point, left as a hazard by an inconsiderate person.
Wow! Now the kayak is a "piece of debris at that point, left as a hazard by an inconsiderate person".

I posted my reminder to Lakegeezer because what he posted was incorrect, he has since agreed it was incorrect. However you guys have to make a mountain out of a mole hill and not let it go.

There is an unfortunate tendency on this forum to discount accidents. They are excused away for a number of reason, mostly alcohol. ALL accidents need to be considered when it comes to safety. Certainly alcohol abuse and other idiotic behavior must be taken into consideration. But an accident is still an accident.

I'm sorry if you don't like my "reminder". However in the future I will continue to post reminders whenever I think an accident is being overlooked, discounted or forgotten.

I went back to the thread on the accident. SIKSUKR knows the people in the boat. At the time he posted... "The guy saw the boat coming,bailed and swam to the shore." That doesn't sound like the kayak was a floating piece of debris. Sounds more like a close call.

The kayaker is a lucky idiot, we can all agree on that.