View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #21
Descant

Thanked 1,511 Times in 983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Randomly stopping people just to check their knowledge to me personally doesn't make any sense. What's next pulling people over in their (our) cars and asking us "what do you do at a stop sign?" I've had my boating certificate 20(+) (?) years do I remember every rule and every color out there? Nope... BUT...I'm also courteous and do not venture out to areas I'm not familiar. I could not blindly take the test today and pass it to save my life. What percentage of people would you guess that have been boating for 10+ years could randomly (without studying) take the test and pass it? I'm guessing the number would be shockingly low.
Interesting challenge. I Googled Safe Boater practice test and Boat US popped up first, but no practice test without doing the course, and BoatUS list about 3. dozen states without including NH. Each of their courses is apparently state certified.
I found a practice test at www.boaterexam.com. I got 100%, but there were no specific NH questions. If this is the average level of education around the country, and we have a lot of people taking out of state exams, it's no wonder we have a lot of boats "ignoring" NH law. They just don't know. DPG, don't sell yourself short,. I bet you and most of the Boating Forum folks are better educated on the rules than average. This may be why some have so much frustration with those who don't know.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: