View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #8
MGWillia

Default A wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Just heard today that the store will be opening up as the Alton Bay Corner Store. The new owner is originally from the local area, not sure if it is Alton, and is movjng back to NH from the Carolinas.
Looking forward to hearing more and seeing the store back open.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Great to hear someone is going to give it another go. It's a very convenient store for those of us on the Bay. But it is also a part of the history of the Bay. I remember it as a country store kind of place when I was a boy. Though I missed a lot of the different renditions over the years, I'm back home now and would really like to see this bit of quaintness survive. My parents, me, my kids, and now their kids have had the Busy Corner as a constant.

I've always thought that if someone could come in there and create a store similar to Calef's Country Store in Barrington, it would appeal to locals as well as being a destination stop around the lake. The Bay could use some of that productive/successful quaintness we use to have. In some little way, compete with the Wolfeboro and Meredith strips.

But, whatever format the new folks take, I wish them well. It would be a shame to loose more of our historic buildings. IMHO
MGWillia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MGWillia For This Useful Post: